Monday, February 2, 2015

A Letter to my Big Sister

Today there are a lot of issues with families and people taking their's for granted, which I am guilty of a lot. I have recently read a bunch of articles on reasons that having a big sister is the greatest or things to thank you little sister for, so I felt the need to shout out to the greatest person I know. A person who is the example of everything I ever wanted to be and everything I never got away with. So here are the things I have never thanked you for, never told you, and sometimes never want you to know.

1. Thank you for being my pass into the "cool crowd." With you being just a few years older I always had my ticket to all of the events safely secured. This ticket never came with a cost and you always made sure of that. Let's be honest, if my overflowing cuteness wasn't enough to warrant all of your friend's love, then you made sure they were always kind. 

2. Thank you for being my constant source of laughter. It never fails that you constantly make me almost pee myself with laughter. Whether it be from quoting movie scenes to  going on crazy car trips you never cease to amaze me with the things you come up with or the questions you ask. So thank you for always being the person I can always count on for a funny memory, a good laugh, and a way to always forget reality. 

3. Thank you for always protecting me. Whether it be from mean people or myself you have never missed an opportunity to be my guardian angel. I constantly hear your voice in my head telling me how I should do something or how I can do anything I set my mind to. When I was younger I only thought you were being bossy but what you were really doing was helping learn from other's mistakes instead of making them for myself. Even when I did make mistakes you were the person who did all she could to shield me from the crazy repercussions as well as helping learn from the consequences. You made sure that I got in trouble a lot, but I know it was only for the purpose of protection from the road I could have gone down. 

4. Thank you for teaching me everything I know. Through never allowing me to be the Pink Power Ranger you taught me that I cannot always get what I want. By taking my allowance money you taught me that it is better to give than to receive. When you poke fun at me you have taught me to be light-hearted and free. By constantly answering all of my questions and teaching me the beauty of Christ's forgiveness through forgiving me for all of my shenanigans you gave me the greatest lesson of all,  His love. 

5. Thank you for being the example of everything I ever wanted to be.  You are the perfect example of a Godly, selfless, beautiful soul. Thank you for exemplifying what a Christ-centered life should look like. With every bit of your insane dance moves and your contagious laugh you represent someone I am proud to have as a big sister, and hope I can grow into. 

It's you and me, me and you, I love you!


Turn the page! 

Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment